CROICH, or Croick, lately a quoad sacra parish, forming part of the parish of Kincardine, county of Ross and Cromarty, 9 miles (W.) from Kincardine; containing 316 inhabitants. This place, of which the name signifies a nook or corner, is situated on the Carron water, and is the head of a remote pastoral district of the civil parish. It was formed into a parish in 1827, and placed under the control of the presbytery of Tain and synod of Ross: the church was erected in the same year. The stipend of the minister is £120, with a manse, and a glebe of the annual value of £10; the patronage is in the Crown. There is a small school.
Samuel Lewis, ‘Criech – Cullicudden’, in A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland (London, 1846), pp. 233-246. British History Online
Copyright Ⓒ 2018 Kyle of Sutherland Heritage Society